| It is more than 30 years since Briton Ferry lost its fire brigade but now fire service historian Simon Rowley wants to find out about the former fire station and its firefighters.
According to the UK fire stations website, the Briton Ferry fire station was closed down in the early 1980s and was in Shelone Road, the site of the Briton Ferry Community Centre. It was built in the 1960s and replaced the former fire station in Rockingham Terrace.
From 1948 the fire brigade in Briton Ferry was part of the Glamorgan Fire Service. There had been a fire brigade in the town since the late 19th century and possibly it had been operated by the Briton Ferry Urban District Council until all fire brigades in the UK were absorbed into the newly formed National Fire Service in 1941.
Former members of the fire brigade or anyone who has information are asked to contact Simon Rowley by telephone (01425 402430) or by e-mail (email@example.com).